In April 2011 the government introduced the pupil premium which is additional funding for schools aimed at raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities with the aim of closing the gap between them and their peers. It is paid by means of a specific grant based on the school census figures for pupils registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years in Reception and up to Year 11.
For the academic year 2017/18 the school's projected amount of pupil premium funding is £46,375.
This is made up of:-
- £1320 for eligible pupils in reception to year 6
- £935 for eligible pupils in year 7 to 11
- £300 for service children
In addition the school will also receive £1900 for any pupil identified in the January census:-
- as having left local authority care as the result of adoption, a special guardianship order or a child arrangement order
- in local authority care
- recorded as both eligible for free school meals in the last 6 years and as being looked after.
Please click here to access the Department for Education information about the pupil premium.
Pupil Premium spending
Please click on the link opposite to view our Pupil Premium Strategy for 2017-2018 and a review of our pupil premium spending for 2016-2017.
Is your child entitled to free school meals?
If your child is eligible for free school meals and is not registered then your family is missing out and so is the school.
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income, assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (Please note: this amount is subject to change in April every year)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The East Riding of Yorkshire Council has made the process for registering for this benefit much easier and they can be contacted online here, by telephone on 01482 394799 or in person by visiting one of the regional customer service centres.