We currently have twelve governors which make up Kings Mill's Governing Body and one parent governor vacancy.
Please click on the links for further details on our governors, the committees they serve on and their declaration of interests.
- Governing body members
- Committee members & responsibilities
- Declaration of interests register
Please click on the links below for details of our Governor Committees and terms of reference:
- Children & Young People Outcomes
- Finance & Resources
- Health & Safety
The role of the governing body:
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the governing body; decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing body.
Are you interested in becoming a Governor?
Please click on the link below for more information about the roles and responsibilities of a governor and who can become a governor.