Kings Mill welcomes visitors, however it is our responsibility to ensure the security and wellbeing of our pupils are uncompromised.
Our visitor management procedure enables us to:
- Safeguard and protect the welfare of pupils and staff members.
- Prevent unnecessary disruption to lessons and other educational activities.
- Protect our grounds and facilities from vandalism and misuse.
- Engage with the community and outside educational influences in a structured and productive manner.
Kings Mill requires that all visitors (without exception) comply with the Visitor Management Procedure, summarised below:
- Visits to the school should be pre-arranged. All visitors must report to reception on arrival and not enter via any other entrance. At reception, all visitors should explain the purpose of their visit and who has invited them.
- Visitor should be prepared to produce formal photo identification; this could be a company ID Badge or an original document e.g. passport, driving licence.
- Depending on the nature and purpose of the visit, visitors may be asked to provide evidence that enhanced vetting and barring checks that have been carried out on them. This could be a company Letter of Assurance or current Enhanced DBS certificate. If necessary, a verification call to the visitor’s employer or equivalent, will be carried out.
- All visitors will be asked to sign in using the visitor management system, which includes a photograph of the visitor being taken.
- Visitors will be issued with a lanyard which includes the visitor badge. This should be worn and displayed prominently at all times while on the school site.
- New visitors will be given a copy of the Visitor Information Leaflet which details contact information for the designated safeguarding lead.
- Visitors will be escorted to their point of contact OR their point of contact asked to come to the school office to receive the visitor. The point of contact will remain responsible for the visitor while on site.
- On departing the school, visitors will leave via the reception and sign out using the visitor management system. Visitors must return their visitor ID badge and lanyard to reception before leaving the school site.
To arrange a visit to the school please contact your child's class teacher or email email@example.com
 Written notification from any agency, or third party organisation, that they have carried out the same checks as the school would otherwise perform on any individual who will be working at the school. Written notification must confirm the enhanced DBS certificate has been obtained by either the employment business or another such business. KCSiE23