The Governing Body of Kings Mill School has ten members and three associate members.
Please click on the links below for further details on our governors, the committees they serve on and their declaration of interests.
- Instrument of Government
- Governor body membership
- Committee terms of reference and areas of responsibility
- Declaration of business interests register
Please click on the link to view the Governors Annual Statement Impact Report 2017/18
The role of the governing body:
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the governing body; decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing body.
Are you interested in becoming a Governor?
Please click on the link below for more information about the roles and responsibilities of a governor and who can become a governor.
If you would like a free paper copy of any information on the website please contact the school office.