We believe that a school uniform
- promotes a school identity
- makes children feel equal
- helps pupils with routines i.e. 'I come to school when I am wearing my uniform'
- creates a feeling of belonging
- is practical
- identifies pupils when out and about in the community
We strongly encourage all our pupils, at the main site, to wear the school uniform
Our school uniform is as follows:-
- grey/black trousers/joggers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
- blue/white checked dress in the summer
- lower School - light blue polo shirt (with or without school logo)
- upper School - white polo shirt (with or without school logo)
- navy blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan (preferably with the school logo but not essential)
- flat, plain black shoes/trainers
- specialist footwear as required by health
- navy blue fleece jacket
- navy blue showerproof reversible jacket
Sixth form students do not wear a uniform, but are asked to follow the Student Centre dress code policy - see link here. An optional red hooded top (with or without names on the back is available from H&K Embroidery.
- plain t-shirt - preferably white, and black/navy shorts
- trainers or plimsols
- for older students a tracksuit, shorts and t-shirt are acceptable
When your child is accessing swimming sessions please ensure they are provided with a swimming costume and towel. These will be returned home after each session.
Please ensure any uniform and clothes are clearly labelled with the child's name and kits in a named PE bag.
We ask children not to wear any form of jewellery (rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings etc) in school for safety and security reasons. If a child has pierced ears, then small plain sleepers or studs are acceptable, but not larger loop-style or dangly earrings.
School uniform providers
School uniform bearing the school logo can be purchased from
- H & K Embroidery in Driffield
- Telephone 01377 271233
- Online https://handk-2.myshopify.com
- K & A Sales in Bridlington.
- Telephone 01262 602303
- Online https://kandasales.co.uk
H & K Embroidery also offer a service of applying the school logo to your own items of clothing for a small fee.
The school will provide opportunities for families to recycle and reuse school uniform. Pre-loved uniform will be available at designated 'swap shop events' - venues and timings will be advertised through Dojo or the school mobile jotter.