At Kings Mill school we provided a hot lunch cooked on site by our catering team at a cost of £2.40 per day following menus prepared by the School Meals team at East Riding of Yorkshire Council. The menus are on a three week rolling pattern. .
If your child prefers to bring a packed lunch please include an ice pack to keep food cool as we do not have the facilities to refrigerate packed lunches. We are a NUT FREE school and therefore nuts and nut products should not be sent into school. We also ask that children do not bring sweets or fizzy drinks in their packed lunches.
Pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 are entitled to a Universal Infant Free School meal.
Some of the older pupils in KS4 & KS5 and the Sixth form have different lunch arrangements and these will be communicated by the class teacher through the home/school diary.
For more information on the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's school meal service click here. This should help answer any questions you may have regarding special dietary requirements, food standards and meal prices.
Dinner money is payable on a Monday weekly in advance and is £2.40 per day (£12 per week). We are a cashless school and payments can be made via our online payment platform, Parent Pay, using a debit or credit card. A link to the website is shown below.
If you do not have internet access we are able to provide a personalised payment card to enable you to make payments at Pay Point outlets found in local convenience stores. Please click on the link below to find your nearest Pay Point store.
For more information on how to access Parent Pay or request a Pay Point card please contact Suzanne in the school office on telephone number 01377 253375 or by email email@example.com
Is your child entitled to free school meals?
If your child is eligible for free school meals and is not registered then your family is missing out and so is the school. For each child who is registered for free school meals the school receives additional funding for the school through the Pupil Premium Grant. Further information can be found here.
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit - Your annual income assessed by the Department for Work and Pension must be less than £7,400. Any pupil eligible for free school meals before 1 April 2018 when the earned income threshold is introduced will retain their eligibility until then end of universal credit roll-out which is March 2022.
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income, assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (Please note: this amount is subject to change in April every year)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Entitlement to free school meals is kept confidential.
The East Riding of Yorkshire Council has made the process for registering for this benefit much easier and they can be contacted online here, by telephone on 01482 394799 or in person by visiting one of the regional customer service centres.