At Kings Mill school we provided a hot lunch cooked on site by our catering team and at at a cost of £2.40 per day following menus prepared by the School Meals team at East Riding of Yorkshire Council. The menus are on a three week rolling pattern and are available by clicking on the links opposite. Menus are also circulated via the child's school diary as they are updated.
If your child prefers to bring a packed lunch please include an ice pack to keep food cool as we do not have the facilities to refrigerate packed lunches. We also ask that children do not bring sweets, nuts or fizzy drinks in their packed lunches.
Some of the older pupils in KS4 & KS5 and the Sixth form have different lunch arrangements and these will be communicated by the class teacher through the home/school diary.
For more information on the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's school meal service click here. This should help answer any questions you may have regarding special dietary requirements, food standards and meal prices.
Dinner money is payable on Monday mornings and is £2.40 per day (£12 per week). We have a number of payment options available to parents and are happy to accept weekly or termly payments.
- Money can be sent into school in a named envelope detailing your child's requirements
- Cheques should be made payable to 'Kings Mill School'
- Online payments can be made through Parent Pay using a debit or credit card
For more information on how to access Parent Pay please contact Charlotte in the school office on telephone number 01377 253375 or by email email@example.com
Is your child entitled to free school meals?
If your child is eligible for free school meals and is not registered then your family is missing out and so is the school. For each child who is registered for free school meals the school receives additional funding for the school through the Pupil Premium Grant. Further information can be found here.
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit - Your annual income assessed by the Department for Work and Pension must be less than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income, assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (Please note: this amount is subject to change in April every year)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The East Riding of Yorkshire Council has made the process for registering for this benefit much easier and they can be contacted online here, by telephone on 01482 394799 or in person by visiting one of the regional customer service centres.